Bread machine recipes can be hard to find, as bread makers were most popular before the internet became a thing. Don’t worry, I’ve collected plenty of bread maker recipes to keep your machine working all year long.
Bread machines were invented in the ’90s, and they were incredibly popular at the time. My dad gave my mom one for Christmas with a hopeful glint in his eye, as she’d never baked in her life…and he was hoping she’d start.
It worked! And I still remember sitting there by the bread machine in the ’90s waiting for the timer to ding on her unbeatable bread machine potato bread.
As more and more people experiment with home baking, they’re seeing a resurgence in popularity and 2020 actually saw a shortage of bread machines. People put in pre-orders for machines to be delivered 6 months or more in the future.
The problem is, since bread machines were incredibly popular before the internet became a part of our daily lives, it can be tricky to find bread machine recipes online.
Not to worry! I’ve collected more than 100 delicious bread machine recipes for you, everything from everyday loaf bread to celebration sweetbreads, pizza, and even bagels.
Believe it or not, bread machines can be used to make more than just bread! I’ve also included bread machine cake, pasta, jam, and meatloaf recipes for you to try.
Bread Machine Sandwich Bread Recipes
Staple bread for everyday, sandwich breads are usually enriched with milk, eggs, or butter to keep them soft chewy. Adding fats to the dough also extends the bread’s usable lifespan, as it’ll stay soft longer than crusty french bread.
My favorite by far is simple white sandwich bread, but you can make just about any sandwich bread you can find…from potato bread to oatmeal honey bread.
- Bread Machine White Bread ~ Adamant Kitchen
- Bread Machine Potato Bread ~ All Recipes
- Bread Machine Oatmeal Honey Bread ~ Food.com
Crusty Bread Machine Recipes
These aren’t soft sandwich bread loaves, these are old-school crusty hearth bread that are perfect for dipping in oil (or soup).
With a mix of white and whole wheat recipes here, there’s something for everyone.
- Bread Machine French Bread – Food
- Bread Machine Vienna Bread – Just a Pinch
- Bread Machine Ciabatta – Salad in a Jar
- Bread Machine Multi-Grain Bread – Betty Crocker
- Bread Machine Norwegian Rye Bread – CD Kitchen
Whole Wheat Bread Machine Recipes
Quality whole wheat bread can be tricky, but the even kneading and patient rise times of a bread machine makes it easy.
Add a little fiber (and flavor) to your homemade loaf with these whole wheat recipes. They don’t have to be completely “healthy,” and I won’t tell if you add a slather of honey butter on top…
- Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread ~ Adamant Kitchen
- Bread Machine Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread ~ Taste of Home
Bread Machine Egg Breads
Adding eggs to homemade bread adds richness and lift, not to mention a soft supple crumb.
Classics like challah can easily be made in the bread machine, but don’t use the ‘time delay’ function. The eggs in the bread maker won’t fare well waiting all day for the bread to be baked, and these recipes should only be baked right after adding to the pan.
Bread Machine Cheese Breads
If egg breads aren’t your thing, how about cheese instead?
These won’t loft quite as high as plain or egg leavened bread machine recipes, but they’re packed with flavor from rich shredded cheese.
- Bread Machine Cheese Bread – Tasty Oven
- Bread Machine Garlic Parmesean Bread – Taste of Home
- Bread Machine Herb and Parmesean Bread – The Spruce
Bread Machine Sweet Breads
Who says bread has to be for dinner?
Sweet breads are perfect treats for dessert, or slathered with butter as your morning toast.
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread ~ Adamant Kitchen
- Bread Machine Apple Chunk Bread ~ Food.com
- Bread Machine Sour Cream and Vanilla Bread – Betty Crocker
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls – A Thriving Home
- Bread Machine English Muffin Bread – King Arthur Flour
- Bread Machine Pumpkin Yeast Bread – Taste of Home
- Bread Machine Pannetone – Taste of Hom
Bread Machine Rolls
You can’t quite make dinner rolls from start to finish in a bread maker, but you can save yourself the work of making the dough.
Let the bread machine prep everything for you, and all you’ll need to do is cut and shape the dough before the final rise. Pop it in the oven and you’ll have fresh dinner rolls without the fuss.
- Bread Machine Hamberger Buns ~ Pudge Factor
- Bread Machine Dinner Rolls ~ Happy Hooligans
- Bread Machine Pretzel Bites – Dine and Dish
Bread Machine Pizza Dough
Who knew you could make pizza in the bread machine!?!? Wait no, not quite.
But you can make really epic pizza dough in the bread machine. Just spread it out, top with your favorite toppings and you’re ready for an easy no-fuss pizza night.
- Bread Machine Pizza Dough ~ William’s Sonoma
- Bread Machine Whole Wheat Pizza Dough ~ Curious Cuisiniere
Bread Machine Flatbread
Flatbread is some of the easiest homemade bread to make, provided you’re willing to put in the work kneading the dough…
Toss all the ingredients in the bread maker and it’ll do the work for you on the dough cycle, then take it out to bake flat in the oven. Don’t forget a generous sprinkling of olive oil on that homemade focaccia!
- Bread Machine Focaccia – Sidewalk Shoes
- Bread Machine Naan – Taste of Home
- Bread Machine Pita Dough – Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Bread Machine Quick Bread Recipes
The term “quick bread” just means any bread leavened with baking soda (or powder) instead of yeast. There’s no rise time, and the bread is just stir and bakes.
Bread machines have a special cycle to accommodate these “no-rise” breads, and all you need to do is toss the ingredients in and press “start.”
- Bread Machine Zucchini Bread – Adamant Kitchen
- Bread Machine Banana Bread – Bread Dad
- Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread – Bread Dad
- Bread Machine Cornbread – Bread Dad
Bread Machine Cake Recipes
Like quick bread recipes, bread machine cake recipes skip the rise but still allow you to make your cake without lifting a single spatula.
Pound cake in the bread machine is especially decadent…
- Bread Machine Chocolate Cake – Bread Dad
- Bread Machine Pound Cake – Bread Machine Diva
- Bread Machine Coffee cake – Hearts Content Farmhouse
- Bread Machine Lemon Cake – Bread Maker Machines
Gluten-Free Bread Machine Recipes
Though it can be tricky to make by hand, gluten-free bread is incredibly simple in the bread machine.
You can use the regular bread cycle, or if you happen to have the Zojirushi supreme model it has gluten-free bread settings built-in.
- Gluten-Free Bread Machine Sandwich Bread – Mama Knows Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Bread Machine Pizza Dough – Your Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Paleo Bread Machine Bread – My Natural Family
Other Bread Machine Dough Recipes
Sometimes, all you need is a little help kneading the dough, and a bread machine is perfectly suited to the task.
Give your forearms a break, and let the machine go to work making dough for homemade pasta and even traditional bao (steamed buns).
Bread Machine Jam Recipes
Who knew you could make homemade jam in the bread machine!?!? It makes sense when you think about it.
Sure, there’s no rise step, but you have a ready-made self-stirring nonstick pan and a heating element, which is basically the perfect recipe for easy hands-free jam.
Bread Machine Meat Loaf Recipes
Once you’ve accepted you can make jam in a bread machine, meatloaf isn’t that much of a leap. Simply form the meatloaf and then use a custom cycle to bake it in the bread machine.
The bread maker is really just a countertop oven in this meatloaf recipe, and the stirring and rising steps are skipped altogether.
- Bread Machine Meatloaf ~ Brooklyn Farm Girl
Looking for more tasty bread recipes? These loaves aren’t bread machine recipes, but if you’re willing to put in the extra effort they’re mighty tasty!
- Yeasted Banana Bread
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- Sourdough Rye Hearth Bread (Pain de Méteil)
- Amish White Bread